The six men found guilty of rape and murder of eight-year-old girl in India

6d158070b3288121c7aee7294aea48c0 - The six men found guilty of rape and murder of eight-year-old girl in India

In India, six men were found guilty of the rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. According to the officers wanted to get the six-hindoemannen to the atrocity of the traveling community, to which the little girl was scared.

The body of a little girl in January 2018 have been found in a forest near the town of Kathua. They would have four days cooped up in a temple in the area, where they are sedated, was gang-raped, and finally strangled and beaten to death. Eight men, among them one minor, have been arrested in connection with the case, and in the meantime sentenced by the court. Among the prisoners there is a retired official.

Three of the men were found guilty of rape, torture, and murder of the three police officers to destroy evidence. In addition, a man is acquitted of all charges, while the minor defendant by the court, will be brought to justice. The three men, who rape, torture, and murder on their conscience, according to the BBC, is already sentenced to life in prison. However, for a person has been sentenced to the death penalty, is still waiting for a further ruling by the court of justice according to the British newspaper. For the destruction of the evidence given to the three local agents to five years in prison.

The incident is being seen as a sign of the community’s tensions, which have escalated since the king is considered, in 2014, came to power in India. The number of attacks against muslims in the last five years has increased significantly.

The assassination led to the events against gender-based violence in several Indian cities and towns, and it increased the tensions between the different communities living in the region of Jammu. The case against the eight it had to have been moved to a court in the neighbouring state of Pendjab. On Monday, hundreds of police officers deployed at the court and in the area of Kathua.