The American magazine Forbes on Tuesday estimated that in Argentina’s soccer player Lionel Messi in the past year, the highest paid athlete in the world. Messi would have the last twelve months, approximately 127 million u.s. dollars (112 million euros), have cashed in on.
The argentine has earned between June 2018 and June 2019 and 92 million dollars (81 million euros) in salaries and social security contributions. There were around 35 million dollars (31 million euros) in sponsorship deals on top of that.
The star of FC Barcelona, persuaded, it is in the list, for the Portuguese concullega and Cristiano Ronaldo (96 million euros) and the Brazilian Neymar (93 million euros). In the fourth place, it is a Mexican boxer, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, with 83 million, respectively. Below is the Swiss tennis player Roger Federer (82.5 million euros), and the American footballers, Russell Wilson (79 million) and Aaron Rodgers (78,9 million), and the national basketball association (NBA star LeBron James (78.6 million euro), Stephen Curry (70.5 million) and Kevin Durant (57.8 million euros). Golfer Tiger Woods was, for a long period of time, number one, I was just out of the top ten places, with 56.5 million euros. As the only woman in the top 100, tennister, Serena Williams, toucheerde to eur 25.8 million.
First time on stage with the players
This is the first time since Forbes began the list in 1990, and that the entire stage is populated by football players. For the full ranking of the top 100, and received a total of four billion dollars (3.5 billion euros). This is an increase of five percent compared to the previous year.
Last year, it was the American boxer, Floyd Mayweather is still leading with 275 million us dollars (243 million euros), thanks to a lucrative bout with the Irishman Conor McGregor. Messi is only the fourth athlete to take the first place position in the last nineteen years of age. Tiger Woods (12 x number-one), Mayweather (4), and Close (2), were the other winners.
In the Top ten
1. Lionel Messi (football): a 127-million-dollar
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (football): $ 109 million
3. Neymar (football): the 105 million u.s. dollars
4. Canelo Alvarez (boxing): 94 million u.s. dollars
5. Roger Federer (tennis): 93.4 million u.s. dollars
6. Russell Wilson (football): 89.5 million u.s. dollars
7. Aaron Rodgers (American football): 89.3-million-dollar
8. LeBron James (basketball): 89, in million u.s. dollars
9. Stephen Curry (basketball): 79.8-million-dollar
10. Kevin Durant (basketball): 65.4 million u.s. dollars
Click here to see the full list of.