Pello Bilbao (Astana) has Saturday, the twentieth stage of the Tour of Italy to his name. The Spaniard remained after 194 kilometers between Feltre and Croce D’aune, Monte Avena to the summit arrival of his fellow countryman, Mikel Landa (Movistar) and the Italian Giulio Ciccone (Pull-Segafredo). The Ecuadorian Richard Carapaz (Movistar) continues, with another stage for the bow, leader.
READ ALSO.‘Superman’ Miguel Angel Lopez is the bike, walked by Giro spectator and responds with a few punches
Bilbao made the final climb to the difference. In the last few meters had the Spaniard is still sufficiently heavily in the legs to Landa. Carapaz finished after Ciccone fourth, Vincenzo Nibali completed the podium. Bilbao was already the best in the seventh ride.
In the battle for the general classification came Carapaz the twentieth ride without a scratch. Chasing Vincenzo Nibali and Primoz Roglic tried the Ecuadorian fire to the shins to explain, but succeeded not in their intent. Roglic lost even 40 seconds and is now 3’06” behind Carapaz. Nibali remains stuck at 1’54”.
Sunday, the curtain falls on the Giro with an individual time trial of 17 km in Verona.
1. Pello Bilbao (Spa/AST) 194.0 miles in 5u46:02 (avg. 33.63838 km/h)
2. Mikel Landa (Spa/MOV) at 0:00
3. Giulio Ciccone (Ita/TFS) 0:02
4. Richard Carapaz (Ecu/MOV) 0:04
5. Vincenzo Nibali (Ita/TPM) 0:04
6. Tanel Kangert (Est/EF1) 0:15
7. Mikel Nieve (Spa/MTS) 0:15
8. Valentin Madouas (Fra/GFC) 0:25
9. Rafal Majka (Pol/BOH) 0:44
10. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita/TPM) 0:44