Mick Schumacher yesterday during the Formula 2 race in the streets of Monaco for the necessary chaos ensured when a inhaalpoging failed.
The son of Michael Schumacher started the race on the supersoft and switched then over to the hard bandencompound. In round 19 was, however, wrong when he Tatiana Calderon tried to catch up.
Schumacher hit Calderon which they spun off. Mick Schumacher got not along Calderon and thus was the circuit of Monaco full blocked. The race was then stopped and Mick Schumacher got after a drive-through penalty.
Mick Schumacher admitted that his overtaking manoeuvre on Tatiana Calderon quite risky, though he thought that the good could go. “When I came to Tatiana I was about two seconds per lap faster. I knew that I passed by her had,” said Schumacher.
“On that part of the track, she was fairly slow, and it was also a bit of a ‘now or never’situation.”
“After the collision was my race really. This was definitely not the race that we had expected, but that is Monaco.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: F1 drivers wheel-to-wheel during a training session in Monaco
- Mercedes F1 car, gets a red Halo as a tribute to Niki Lauda
- VIDEO: A lap on the circuit of Monaco
- Photos: Sebastian Vettel’s driving in Monaco with special Niki Lauda helmet
- Foreign “black flag” situation during the first training session GP of Monaco