The first training session for the GP of Azerbaijan is stopped prematurely due to a problem with a manhole cover on the track. For the teams and riders went, as precious time is lost on a circuit that is for them a serious challenge.
The first training session for the GP of Azerbaijan was barely a quarter of an hour when Charles Leclerc with his Ferrari over a manhole cover reed. The manhole cover is too loose, then George Russell, then with his Williams F1 car, full about the manhole cover reed.
The racing car of Russell became significantly damaged but he managed to get his car along the side to park. The session was, logically enough, with a red flag shut down.
Due to the intense damage to his car was the car of Russell hoisted. The truck that the Williams F1 car back to the pits had to be applied, however, not under the walkway at the height of the line piece.
The many fragments of the bolide of Russell had to be cleared and also the drain cover had to be fixed. All of this resulted in a lot of delays and finally it was decided to make the session not to restart.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Max Verstappen is not afraid of gridstraffen: “We must take risks”
- First gridpenalty for GP of Azerbaijan is already a fact
- “I put Lewis Hamilton on the same level as Ayrton Senna”
- PREVIEW: you need to know about the GP of Azerbaijan
- “I understand the prejudices that Mick Schumacher must live”