Ott Tänak (Toyota Yaris WRC) has the first klassementsrit in the rally of Argentina to his name. In the streets of Villa Carlos Paz was the Est with 1.6 seconds faster than Sébastien Ogier (Citroen C3 WRC) and 1.7 seconds than his team-mate Kris Meeke (Toyota Yaris WRC). The Belgian Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC) drove the fifth time, following 2.1 seconds of Tänak.
The rally Argentina started with a short superspecial of 1.9 kilometers in the streets of Villa Carlos Paz. A challenge for the participants that with dirt tyres the technical, slippery, and sodden trail had to brave. Ott Tänak has won the first klassementsrit and is therefore the first leader in the rally of Argentina. Thierry Neuville drove the fifth time. “Today is a challenge, a difficult day. But I look there. I hope here this weekend on a strong result.”
On Friday, seven klassementsritten driven. Two loops of three stages supplemented with one superspecial. Thierry Neuville as world CHAMPIONSHIP leader first on the road. For gravel races, this is often a disadvantage because of the loose landscape of sand and gravel. That will tomorrow not be the case. The past few days has it started charging and there was an awful lot of rain making the track very heavy at is. There is already whispered that this competition is the biggest challenge of the year will be.
After the first chronorit in the rally of Argentina, the fifth of fourteen world CHAMPIONSHIP races, Thursday in Villa Carlos Paz:
1. Ott Tänak-Martin Järveoja (Est/Toyota Yaris) in 1:58.6
2. Sebastien Ogier-Julien Ingrassia (Fra/Citroën C3) to 1.6”
3. Kris Meeke-Sebastian Marshall (GBr/Toyota Yaris) to 1.7”
4. Andreas Mikkelsen-Anders Jaeger (Nor/Hyundai i20) 2.0”
5. Thierry Neuville-Nicolas Gilsoul(BEL/Hyundai i20) 2.1”
6. Dani Sordo-Carlos del Barrio (Spa/Hyundai i20) on 2.3”
7. Jari-Matti Latvala-Mikka Anttila (Fin/Toyota Yaris) on 2.3”
8. Esapekka Lappi-Janne Ferm (Fin/Citroën C3) on 2.9”
9. Elfyn Evans-Scott Martin(GBr/Ford Fiesta) on 3.1”
10. Teemu Suninen-Marko Salminen (Fin/Ford Fiesta) on 3.5”