After he late last year said goodbye to the Formula 1 explores Stoffel Vandoorne new horizons in motorsport. Our compatriot will soon belong to the 24 hours of Le Mans and the 6 hours of Spa.
After he had already made the switch to Formula E, the electric counterpart of the Formula 1 in which he last weekend for his first podium achieved, Stoffel Vandoorne now for the first time of the WEC tests.
Our compatriot will be for the LMP1-team SMP Racing to participate in the 24 hours of Le Mans and the 6 hours of Spa. During the 6 hours of Spa will Vandoorne is send to take over from former F1 pilot Brendon Hartley.
Vandoorne announced his participation in itself with a lot of enthusiasm on social media.
“I’m very happy that I can announce that I will be with SMP Racing will take part in my home race, the 6h at Spa-Francorchamps, and at the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans,” said Vandoorne.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: Max Verstappen: “I cried every time I have to go to school had to go”
- “A wrong choice, I was not a Ferrari F1 pilot”
- Sebastian Vettel denies rumors: No plans for F1 to say goodbye”
- VIDEO: Bizarre request for Max Verstappen: “Can this be?’
- Mercedes boss: “Ferrari opens with her teamorders ” Pandora’s box”