Professional footballers in England and Wales will be Friday, the social media 24 hour boycott. They protest against the way in which social media sites and voetbalautoriteiten respond to racism.
Earlier this week, got Ashley Young on Twitter a lot of racist blame on him, on Twitter, after the elimination of Manchester United against Barcelona in the Champions League. “We will try to identifying the perpetrators and give them the worst possible punishment to impose,” said Manchester United Wednesday.
After many similar incidents, the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA), the #Enough campaign to launch. That is Friday at 10 am Belgian time of start and lasts until Saturday 10am. Players will be called #Enough on their social media sites before the start of the boycott.
“Friday we send the following message to those players taunt, be it from the stands or online: to tolerate this, we are not in football,” explains Watford-captain Troy Deeney.
“It is time Twitter, Instagram and Facebook consider their channels to rules topics”, says Manchester United defender Chris Smalling. “They must take responsibility for the mental health of users, regardless of their age, race, gender, or income.”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.