The Irishman Sam Bennett (Bora-Hansgrohe) Wednesday, his second consecutive victory booked in the wielerronde van Turkey (WorldTour).
Bennett took the after 183,3 km from Tekirdag to gallipoli peninsula in a sprint uphill. In the last hundreds of meters of gaining he still drove off Austrian teammate Lukas Pöstlberger. Felix Grossschartner, still an Austrian Bora, was second for the Colombian, Jhonatan Restrepo (Manzana Postobon).
Remco Evenepoel (Deceuninck-Quick.Step) showed himself in the finale of this second ride, but was finally ended only when seventeenth, at 9 seconds of Bennett.
A group of seven, with Thimo Willems (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise), signed for the breakaway of the day. They drove 4.5 minutes ahead at each other, but within 25 km of the line were the last attackers seized and was the unification a fact. Wilson loved to escape the mountains.
Tomorrow/Thursday explains the peloton 122,6 km from Canakkale to Edremit. Halfway through the trail is a climb of third category.
The Tour of Turkey ends on Sunday in Istanbul.
1. Sam Bennett (Ipr/BOH)
2. Felix Grosschartner (Oos/BOH) at 0:14
3. Jhonatan Restrepo (Col/MZN) 0:16
4. Jan Polanc (Sln/UAD) 0:20
5. Valerio Conti (Ita/UAD) 0:20
6. Mauro Finetto (Ita/DMP) 0:20
7. Gonzalo Serrano (Spa/CJR) 0:20
8. Edgar Pinto (Por/W52) 0:23
9. Christophe Noppe (Call/SVB) 0:24
10. Cyril Barthe (Fra/EUS) 0:24