Lewis Hamilton may Sunday, then it is reasonable to smooth the GP of China have won the Brit thinks that everything is not as simple as it seemed.
Prior to the past edition had Hamilton five times in the GP of China won. The Shanghai International Circuit is clearly one of the circuits where he fits in. Yet the victory was not as easy as that at first sight seemed.
“I was in the past always quickly in China, my aggressive driving style applied here is always very good,” said Hamilton. “I used that also in the past two years, but the tyres and our car didn’t allow this.”
“It seemed like I have a lot of performance was lost. I had to also adjust and my natural riding style, I had to do it in a different way.”
Also this year found Hamilton a lot of problems on the Shanghai International Circuit. During the practice sessions on Friday and Saturday was the Brit not really competitive but in qualifying, and returned everything.
“I succeeded only at the end of the qualification in order to be competitive. Then during the race, I went a little more back to my normal driving style and it worked again better,” concluded Hamilton.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- The story behind the ‘magic’ double pit stop from Mercedes during the GP of China
- “Ferrari is on aerodynamic just all wrong”
- “Our F1-pilot was frustrated, that is a good sign!”
- Ferrari explains: “Strategic change, it was Vettel happy”
- Charles Leclerc, after teamorders Ferrari: “I don’t want any stupid statements do”