Toro Rosso F1 driver Alexander Albon is during the GP of China by the F1fans elected ‘Driver of The Day’.
The British Thai crash on Saturday, very heavy with his F1 car, and could as a result do not participate in the qualification. Albon had from the pitlane to start the race.
On the very last position managed Albon in it ten towns, and the tenth across the line, just for one world championship point.
Also the F1 fans knew the strong catching up of Albon to appreciate and they elected him ‘Driver of The Day’. What is striking is that Albon only 17 percent of the votes behind his name got, the F1 fans were clearly divided in their choice.
Summary of winners ‘Driver of The Day award:
GP of Australia: Valtteri Bottas
GP of Bahrain: Charles Leclerc
GP of China: Alexander Albon
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Charles Leclerc, after teamorders Ferrari: “I don’t want any stupid statements do”
- Max Verstappen: “The battle with Sebastian Vettel was fun”
- Lewis Hamilton: “It was not an easy weekend”
- Vettel: “the Effort of the Verstappen was predictable”
- Bottas: “Poor start cost me the victory”