The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne during the race in Rome, his first ever podium finish in Formula E achieved. Mitch Evans triumphed just before Andre Lotterer.
Andre Lotterer could race on the polepositie position while our fellow countryman. Stoffel Vandoorne on the fourth place in the race could start.
Vandoorne had a good start and knew immediately to the third place to go, a place that he then managed to maintain. Our other compatriot Jerome d’Ambrosio was to far behind to start but worked his way through a strong race.
Just after the start we had a red flag, because a large part of the cars fixed was after a collision. After a wide interruption of the race we had a very pleasant race to see which during the second half of the race especially the battle for the victory between Andre Lotterer and Mitch Evans as the central theme.
Eventually Mitch Evans managed to triumph just before Andre Lotterer and our fellow countryman, Stoffel Vandoorne his first podium in the electrical counterpart of the Formula 1 obtained. It is also the first podium for his team HWA Racelab.
By his eighth place, just in front of Antonio Felix da Costa grabs Jerome d’Ambrosio, the lead in the championship. D’Ambrosio has now one point ahead of da Costa.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Max Verstappen furious at Vettel and Renault: “They verneukten my qualification”
- VIDEO: heavy crash during the final training session GP of China
- Mercedes had in China, her new wing of the FIA to adjust
- VIDEO: Sebastian Vettel does to colleague: “He will race harder on Friday than on Sunday”
- F1 pilot to drive the 1000th race with ‘split’ helmet