Ion Izagirre has the Tour of the Basque country to his name. The 30-year-old Facing of Astana took after the tough final stage of 120 km to Eibar the leader’s jersey of the German, Emanuel Buchmann. The German reed is still wrong in the final kilometer and fell of the stage. The victory went to the Brit Adam Yates. For Astana, the victory of Izagirre the 22nd seizoenszege. It does so again at the same height of Deceuninck-Quick Step.
On the hall of fame of the Tour of the Basque country follows Izagirre the Slovenian Primoz Roglic. He gave Astana the 22nd victory of the season and this places them at the same height of Deceuninck – Quick-Step.
1. Ion Izagirre (Spa/Astana)
2. Daniel Martin (Ire/UAE) +29”
3. Jakob Fuglsang (Den/Astana) +36”
4. Emanuel Buchmann (Germany/Bora-Hansgrohe) +43”
5. Adam Yates (GBr/Michelton-Scott) +51”