After the end of the Formula E race in Chile was our fellow countryman, Stoffel Vandoorne greatly disappointed. Vandoorne went into a bend in the fault, and ended up in the wall. Vandoorne finished this for the third race in a row outside of the points.
“It was a hugely frustrating race for mine,” said Vandoorne after the end. “We were fifth at the start and had good speed. However, it was not easy for the leaders of the race to follow. With that in mind, we still have work to do.”
Despite the fact that Vandoorne in his Formula E car to slow the leaders in the race to follow, he seemed on his way to his first puntenfinish of the season. After a ‘full course yellow’ where the cars at greatly reduced speed drive, ran it, however, wrong.
“After the safety car phase I went something. wide in the third turn and I ended up in the wall. Unfortunately my race. I’m angry at myself for this mistake. It is really a pity, as I points had to score.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: Police keep Nico Rosberg at during test drive with McLaren Senna
- McLaren takes measures to repetition of problems during F1 wintertest to avoid
- Old F1-acquaintances in the 24 hours of Daytona
- Lucas Di Grassi, should Red Bull F1 advisor to answer about ‘slow’ Formula E
- “Red Bull has spent 15 million euros for a ‘slower’ F1-bolide”