LGBT organization Çavaria goes tomorrow for its annual awards, for individuals and organizations that in 2018 a positive affect on the rights and welfare of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. In the category of media including VRT-face Xavier Taveirne and film director Lukas Dhont chance at a prize.
There are three nominees for the Çavaria Media Award:
– ‘For the men’, a tv show on Canvas, where Xavier Taveirne talk with the first generation of men that in Flanders dared to be out as gay.
– ‘Girl’, the langspeelfilmdebuut of Lukas Dhont, over the 15-year-old transgender Lara that career want to make it as a ballerina.
– ‘VTM NEWS’, as a result of how they’ve coped with the coming-out of journalist Bo boudewijn Van Spilbeeck.
The Çavaria Campaign Award is given to outstanding lgbt and transgendergerelateerde campaigns. This can be a schoolactie, a public statement, a poster campaign, a fundraisingsevent, and so on. Campaigns in 2018 in the eye jumps are:
– #Sharethecolor’, a campaign of the Brussels state Secretary Bianca Debaets, and equal.brussels. The campaign is aimed against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
-‘ Write-them-Friday from Amnesty International. On 26 October, more than 500 schools for the human rights. Amnesty’s schoolpakketten spent in 2018 attention to LGBT+ activists Evdokia Romanova from Russia, Sakris Kupila from Finland and Vitalina Koval from Ukraine.
– ‘#AllemaalMensen’ of 11.11.11. The campaign advocates for a human migration policy, because we are all people on the road to better.
The Lifetime Achievement Award does not work with nominations. It is awarded to people who feel their lives have contributed for the rights and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.