The Renault F1 team confirmed today the Chinese rider Guanyu Zhou as ontwikkelingsrijder.
Guanyu Zhou is a promising 19-year-old Chinese who in recent years participated in the European Formula 2. From 2019 onwards will, in addition to his participation in the Formula 2 are also part of the Renault Sport Academy. In that role he will also take the role of ontwikkelingsrijder.
“We are very pleased that the Guanyu as a member of the Renault Sports Academy announce and also as ontwikkelingsrijder of us F1 team this year,” said Renault Sport Academy Director Mia Sharizman.
“In the European Formula 3 championship, he has shown that he is an excellent rider. We follow Guanyu since some time now and are very happy that we have him in our program for young riders.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Rare helmet that Ayrton Senna ever drove for sale at Sotheby’s
- Summary: F1 teams pay a lot of money to be allowed to participate in the Formula 1
- F1-pilot experienced emotional moment with a Honda engineer
- “We have Mick Schumacher is his thing to do”
- F1 teams fear Brexit without agreement: “This can hurt us”