News

Stranded migrants to split the Italian government

Matteo Salvini, the Italian minister of the Interior, opposes the decision of prime minister Giuseppe Conte to fifteen stranded migrants to catch. ‘I disapprove of no arrival of migrants, ” says Salvini. ‘Government regulations must be taken.’

Eight European member states have declared themselves Wednesday to prepare the 49 migrants, which is already three weeks stuck on two ngo-ships in Maltese waters. Also 131 other migrants, who are part of a group that last week was rescued, will the states be divided. Italy is one of the European countries Wednesday promised Malta when to jump.

Matteo Salvini, the strong man of the antimigratiepartij Lega, will, however, openly against the commitment of prime minister Giuseppe Conte. According to him, the fifteen migrants are not welcome in Italy. “I am completely against new arrivals of migrants in Italy,” said Salvini Wednesday during a visit to Poland. ‘Government regulations must be taken. Things must in advance be viewed, and not to go after him. In Brussels they seem to be namely, but not understand that they are human traffickers and ngos in the games map.’

Premier Conte had earlier in the day, however, understood that the coming of the immigrants ” doesn’t change anything to the tough stance of his government towards migrants’ through ngo-ships reach Europe. “If Salvini that migrants do not want to disembark, then I leave to pick them up with the plane,” said Conte at the public broadcaster RAI. “People in such circumstances on the sea, does really not make sense anymore.”

‘Shameful’

The 49 migrants were just before Christmas, rescued from the Mediterranean Sea by reddingsschepen of two German ngos. After some insistence, they were given Malta the permission to ‘shelter’ in Maltese waters, but the migrants were denied permission to go ashore. Belgium also refused to take the migrants to catch.

After nineteen days ronddobberen, eight European countries agreed to grant each a part of the migrants to catch. Then left Malta them the ships leaving shore. That it took so long, call Amnesty International ‘embarrassing’.

‘After almost three weeks of ronddobberen on a tumultuous sea, these women, men and children safely to land, but that it took so long, it is shameful’, says Elisa De Pieri, researcher at the human rights organisation, in a statement. ‘The dangerous, unseemly spectacle of politicians squabbling while women, men and children sinking in a sea of cruel indifference, it is not worth repeating’, she adds.

Back on

“European member states may be people who are blocked on the sea, no longer turn their backs and should urgently agree on a policy of prompt and predictable disembarkation in accordance with international law’, sounds like it is still in the communication.

Amnesty also believes that the EU ‘quickly, a fair system must correspond to asylum seekers across the EU-countries to spread’.

The majority of the migrants now stranded in Malta will be spread over Germany, France, Portugal, Ireland, Romania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, and in theory therefore also Italy. A group of 44 Bengal is repatriated.

Leave a Comment