OTTAWA – Canada wants to lose the wapencontract with Saudi Arabia. The contract represents a value of 13 billion dollars.
A demonstrator holds a sign up with the murdered Jamal Kashoggi.
The Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau announced the break with the saudis on Sunday in a tv interview. Rather said the premier-that the deletion of the agreement with the saudis for the supply of armored vehicles, would lead to high fines for breach of contract.
Last month, said Trudeau all that Canada export licences could freeze if the arms on the wrong way to be used. Sunday he went a step further.
“We are doing the export to try and see if there is a way to these vehicles not have to carry out to Saudi Arabia.”
Trudeau is in their own country under ever-greater pressure for the deal to be deleted because of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the involvement of Saudi Arabia in the war of Yemen.
“The murder of a journalist is absolutely unacceptable and that is the reason why Canada, from the beginning of answers demanded,” said Trudeau.
Pompeo cherishes good relations with Riyadh
Murder on Khashoggi paste do in calendars