Despite a problematic first Formula E race looks Stoffel Vandoorne with a positive feeling back on his first real acquaintance with the Formula E championship.
Prior to the first race in Riyadh, it looked all so good for Vandoorne. Vandoorne was during the last exercise session the fastest, and he qualified fourth for the race. The race itself was, however, much less well.
After Vandoorne during the opening phase in the top five could maintain dropped Vandoorne then increasingly deeper in order to finally as sixteenth classified to be. There was a problem with his Formula E racing car of HWA Racelab.
Gary Paffett, the team-mate of Vandoorne knew after a mistake to the finish to pick up, making the debuting team of Vandoorne no fun first race weekend polite. Nevertheless Vandoorne positive.
“The afternoon was very tricky,” said Vandoorne. “We had some problems during the race. Therefore, we took not the speed that we heard. We have during the race and learned a lot. Hopefully we’ll do it during the next race better.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: The highlights of the Formula E race in Saudi Arabia
- Red Bull: “Gasly gets as a teammate the same treatment as Max Verstappen”
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton fits racezitje for Mercedes F1 racing car 2019
- Max Verstappen: “I prefer that I win and that my Honda engine sometimes explodes”
- VIDEO: As heaven sounds, the engine of the Aston Martin Valkyrie