The IFFHS (International Federation for football history and statistics) has the French Didier Deschamps (coach) and Zinedine Zidane (clubtrainer) was elected as the best coaches of 2018. Roberto Martinez, with the Red Devils finished third at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS, are in third place in the coaches. Thursday elected the IFFHS Thibaut Courtois as the best goalkeeper of 2018.
Didier Deschamps led, in July, Les Bleus to the world championship in Russia. The 103-fold ex-international was in september by FIFA in London also voted Coach of the Year. Deschamps got 304 points behind his name, which he and colleagues Zlatko Dalic of runner up at the worlds in Croatia (198) and Roberto Martinez (84), more than you have to leave behind.
In the election for best clubcoach came Zinedine Zidane as the winner. Zidane was the past years is very successful at Real Madrid with three consecutive Champions League trophies. After last season waved the French voetbalicoon yet surprisingly as trainer of the Spanish topploeg. With 296 points, ‘Zizou’ Liverpool-coach Jürgen Klopp (109) and Pep Guardiola, Manchester City (105) in advance.
Leko is equally good as Mourinho
Ivan Leko, trainer of Belgian champion Club Brugge, got 1 point assigned. This is on a shared 14th place in addition to, among others, José Mourinho (Manchester United).
1. Didier Deschamps (France) – 304 points
2. Zlatko Dalic (Croatia) – 198
3. Roberto Martinez (Belgium) 84
4. Stanislas Cherchesov (Russia) – 26
5. Gareth Southgate (England) – 18
1. Zinedine Zidane (ex-Real Madrid) – 296 points
2. Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) – 109
3. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – 105
4. Diego Simeone (Atlético Madrid)- 48
5. Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus) – 33
14. Ivan Leko (Club Brugge) – 1 point