McLaren boss Bag Brown admits that the belgian Stoffel Vandoorne two difficult years with McLaren in Formula 1 during that time. Despite the departure of Vandoorne of McLaren and Formula 1, believes Brown, however, in a comeback for Vandoorne.
“Stoffel is a great talent,” said the McLaren boss, as opposed to ‘Reuters’. “I think he fairly did it in a very bad car.”
“He also had a fairly difficult team-mate. We gave him two solid years and we gave Fernando and him equivalent material to ride. Sometimes it will match, however, just don’t.”
Vandoorne makes the transition from Formula 1 to Formula E, a racing series in which Stoffel Vandoorne according Bag Brown can be successful. The McLaren boss even believes in a return of Vandoorne to the Formula 1.
“I think he’s in the Formula E will be successful. I also think that we can see in Formula 1,” says Brown. “Stoffel is definitely a rider that is about the capacity for the Formula 1. I wouldn’t be surprised.”
“It would not be the first time that a rider having problems with his first time in Formula 1 and then back to reverse and it is much better to do.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- F1-pilot after resignation: “I’m still not finished with F1”
- Sebastian Vettel: “I was not on the top of my can”
- 20-year-old German racepilote of Instagram will the Formula E racing car of Stoffel Vandoorne test
- F1-pilot emotionally after the first day at Ferrari: “This I have long been waiting for”
- Overview: The teams and riders for the F1-season 2019