Mick Schumacher, the 19-year-old son of seven times F1 champion Michael Schumacher, will next year participate in the Formula 2, the opstapklasse to the Formula 1.
As the son of Michael Schumacher is Mick under a huge pressure but that stopped him, however, not to this year to be the champion in the Formula 3 crown. Next year, it follows immediately the next step, compete for the Formula 2 title, the former GP2 championship-in which also our fellow countryman, Stoffel Vandoorne became champion.
“I am very happy that my collaboration with PREMA in 2019 will continue and that the next step in the direction of the FIA Formula 2 championship,” announced Mick Schumacher himself via his twitter account.
Mick Schumacher is being tipped for a possible racezitje in the Formula 1 in 2020 or 2021. Both Ferrari and Mercedes were in the past all prove that they are Mick Schumacher would only be to pleased to welcome.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Sebastian Vettel fastest during first test after the end of F1 season
- VIDEO: the Successor of Stoffel Vandoorne pops car after the finish line is almost in the wall
- After troubled eyes: “Crashed F1-pilot was upside down but that was no problem”
- Lewis Hamilton relives ‘wacky’ day actor Will Smith
- Team-mate Max Verstappen felt “hopeless” in the last laps for Red Bull F1 team