The finn Valtteri Bottas in his Mercedes during the second exercise session the fastest time ridden. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne had technical problems and drove the seventeenth time.
The second training session for the GP of Brazil was barely ten minutes and we saw a crash of Nico Hulkenberg. The session was then briefly interrupted to the car of the German, to carry out the job proper.
Max Verstappen, who during the first training session the fastest time reed, also had not the best start. Red Bull was, after all, is busy at work on his car, there was indeed a spill on his Red Bull RB14. Fortunately for Verstappen, he could later in the session is still on the job.
About fifteen minutes before the end of the session was also our fellow countryman Stoffel Vandoorne to hear that there were problems with his car. Vandoorne had at McLaren his car towards the garage and his session was over.
Ultimately, it was Valtteri Bottas in his Mercedes to the fastest time riding, less than three thousandths (!) faster than team-mate Lewis Hamilton. Sebastian Vettel followed on just a few thousandths. Stoffel Vandoorne drove the seventeenth time.
1. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:08.846 48
2. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:08.849 +0.003 43
3. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:08.919 +0.073 42
4. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:09.164 +0.318 44
5. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:09.339 +0.493 28
6. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:09.412 +0.566 42
7. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 1:09.769 +0.923 44
8. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:09.943 +1.097 44
9. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:10.007 +1.161 39
10. FR Esteban Ocon Racing Point Force India 1:10.159 +1.313 45
11. MX Sergio Perez Racing Point Force India 1:10.320 +1.474 23
12. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:10.330 +1.484 44
13. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:10.332 +1.486 36
14. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:10.458 +1.612 48
15. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:10.532 +1.686 44
16. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:10.569 +1.723 46
17. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:10.596 +1.750 26
18. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:10.662 +1.816 44
19. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:10.734 +1.888 46
20. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:11.674 +2.828 6
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Mandatory winter break as well for F1-teams in 2019?
- Sebastian Vettel refuses to give up: “I’ve still got a mission”
- Why is the GP of Brazil in spite of the decision F1-championship is still interesting?
- Former Mercedes-protégé Pascal Wehrlein on the way to Ferrari?
- Additional safety measures for GP of Brazil