Roberto Martinez makes only Friday his selection known for the next day in the Nations League, but a lot of fellow bondsocaches did that already on Thursday. So is Callum Wilson for the first time called up for England and give Deschamps Anthony Martial, his first selection since march. In Portugal, missing Ronaldo again.
Callum Wilson gets first convocation for England, Rooney says goodbye
Callum Wilson has views of a first cap for the england national team. The 26-year-old striker from Bournemouth, this season is already good for six goals in the Premier League, was Thursday for the first time called by coach Gareth Southgate.
Wayne Rooney also got a very last selection. The English topschutter of all time (53 caps) waved the national team in november 2016 goodbye. But on 15 november will be the peak of DC United in the oefenmatch against the United States is a 120th, and last time the bill for his country. The proceeds of that match is destined for the Wayne Rooney Foundation. On november 18, plays England his final match in the Nations League against Croatia, in a duel between the numbers four and two of the world cup. Both matches are at Wembley played.
England began the Nations League with a 1-2 defeat against Spain. This was followed by a 4 on 6 with away games in Croatia (0-0) and Spain (2-3).
Martial again in the selection to France
Anthony Martial may, after more than seven months in the waiting room again French international call. Coach Didier Deschamps took the 22-year-old striker from Manchester United on Thursday in his group for the Nations Leaguematch against the Netherlands (16 november in Rotterdam, the netherlands) and the practice duel against Uruguay (20 november in Paris).
Martial was by Deschamps passed up for the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Russia, where France won the title. His last appearance in the shirt of Les Bleus dates from the end of march in a practice duel against the Russians. Martial scored so far once in eighteen international matches. At ManU he found this season, six times the road to the nets in thirteen duels.
Furthermore, the selection contains no surprises. Central defender Samuel Umtiti, who in the semi-finals at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS against the Red Devils in the decisive 1-0 scored, is out with a knee injury. France began the Nations League with a 0-0 and against Germany. Followed 2-1 victories at home against the Netherlands and Germany.
Cristiano Ronaldo is missing again in Portugal
Portugal close the interlandjaar off without Cristiano Ronaldo. The captain, record international and topschutter all times of the national team is missing again in the selection of national coach Fernando Santos. That made Thursday his group is known for the Nations Leaguewedstrijden against Italy (november 17 in Milan) and Poland (20 november in Guimaraes).
Since the world cup, that for Portugal in the eighth finals against Uruguay ended, is Ronaldo not called, not at their own request. “The only thing I about Ronaldo think, is that he has the Golden Ball to win,” said Santos.
In the first international matches after the world cup was missing Ronaldo because he had just switched from Real Madrid to Juventus and wanted to get used to his new environment. The previous month, as did the 33-year-old attacker would not participate in Portugal. He was at that time under heavy fire because of an old verkrachtingszaak that was raked up by an American woman. On the basis of new information was that case from 2009 was reopened. Ronaldo denies emphatically that he the woman is forced into sex.
Without the doelpuntenmachine, in 154 international matches of 85 goals, won Portugal in the Nations League at home of Italy (1-0) and in Poland (0-1). The reigning European champion in the San Siro against Italy with a point enough to secure the first place in the group and participation in the final of the Nations League. Then follows a ” home against Poland, against Italy, 1 in 6 took out (1-1 and 0-1).
Santos denies faith that Ronaldo is missing because he is of the bond must not play for the national team. “No one is excluded. I also don’t know what there is between now and march is going to happen. We are more than willing to continue.”
Jordi Alba gets first selection under Luis Enrique
Jordi Alba should re Spanish international call. The flankverdediger of FC Barcelona was Thursday for the first time called up by Luis Enrique, who La Roja in the summer under his wing.
Alba and Enrique worked between 2014 and 2017 together successfully in Barcelona, but the Spanish national team, the 29-year-old defender by Enrique since the disappointing world cup (Spain was in the eighth finals against host country Russia) overlooked. The 66-fold international (8 goals) is now in the squad for the Nations Leaguematch against runner up at the worlds in Croatia (15 november in Zagreb), and the practice duel against Bosnia (november 18, in Las Palmas).
Celtamiddenvelder Brais Méndez and Espanyolverdediger Mario Hermoso are new faces.