- Spelshowicoon Masmeijer wait for a possible eight years in prison
Spelshowicoon Masmeijer wait for a possible eight years in prison
05 november, 2018 22:03
Latest update: an hour ago
Update: an hour ago
Frank Masmeijer is accused to have cooperated in the smuggling of 467 kilos of cocaine, and he will hear Tuesday whether he will be handed over to Belgium. NU.nl put the career of Masmeijer range from before his arrest and summarises what the past few months has happened.
How is it now with the case?
- Masmeijer is suspected of involvement in drug trafficking. In October 2017, he was sentenced to eight years in prison, but appealed.
- The former presenter will hear Tuesday whether he will be handed over to Belgium.
- On 16 november to launch the appeal.
- The arguments from the defense are scheduled on 29 and 30 november and 6 december.
Masmeijer was born in 1961 in Assen, grew up in Hilversum and was in his youth active as amateurvoetballer. At the age of 24, he made his televisiedebuut at the NCRV with the All alone in your own show, a spelletjesprogramma.
In 1989, he acquired greater fame when he the presentation of Martine Bijl of Raw took over, a television show in which children are terms to describe. Famous people then had to guess where the children were talking about. Masmeijer presented the programme until 1993.