Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) Thursday after the first chronorit on the second place in the rally of Catalunya, the penultimate round of the world cup. The Frenchman Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta), the main challenger of Neuville, run the stand.
Our fellow countryman has in the rally-mode to 3.7 seconds behind Ogier (3:35.3). The Est Ott Tänak (Toyota) completed the podium on 0.5 seconds of Neuville.
Neuville began earlier Thursday with the shakedown with adversity. The world CHAMPIONSHIP leader lost in a turn, the control over his car, then on his roof ended up. Neuville and corijder Gilsoul remained thankfully unharmed but had to spot a wheel replaced.
“My big thank you goes out to the mechanics that my car is repaired”, responded Neuville via Twitter. “It was really a nice ride, and I think the time is ok.” .
1. Sébastien Ogier-Julien Ingrassia (Fra/Ford Fiesta) 3:35.3
2. Thierry Neuville-Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL/Hyundai i20) 3.7
3. Ott Tänak-Martin Järveoja (Est/Toyota Yaris) 4.2
4. Andreas Mikkelsen-Anders Jaeger (Nor/Hyundai i20) 5.6
5. Elfyn Evans-Daniel Barritt (GBr/Ford Fiesta) 6.0
6. Eric Camilli-Benjamin Veillas (Fra/Volkswagen Polo) 7.4
7. Dani Sordo-Carlos Del Barrio (Spa/Hyundai i20) 7.5
8. Kalle Rovanperä-Jonne Halttunen (Fin/Skoda Fabia) 8.6
9. Craig Breen Scott Martin (Ipr-GBr/Citroen C3) 8.7
10. Jan Kopecky-Pavel Dresler (Ch/Skoda Fabia) 9.0