Lewis Hamilton has the GP of Russia won after Valtteri Bottas halfway through the race him voorliet by teamorders Mercedes. The Fin played the team game and was second, Vettel third. Stoffel Vandoorne had an anonymous race, and was sixteenth.
The new piece of asphalt on the grid made for a topic of discussion after qualifying for the GP of Russia, in which Mercedes were dominant and Ferrari third and fourth. At the back were the two mclaren’s, Red Bulls and Toro Rosso’s by gridstraffen.
Sebastian Vettel came in first and seemed to be Lewis Hamilton to catch up, but the top four remained at the start is unchanged, so the effect of the new asphalt was marginal. The back of the grid lost Stoffel Vandoorne immediately took a place to his team mate Fernando Alonso, while Max Verstappen a kanonstart had and a lot of places knew well in the openingsronden.
Daniel Ricciardo followed the example of his teammate. Further, it was noteworthy that both Toro Rosso’s spinden, making them at the end of the race had to continue. Ultimately, it was a double problem for Toro Rosso.
After ten laps was the year old Max Verstappen at all to for moved up to fifth place, giving him fourteen places had recovered. He took Charles Leclerc in which yet again can be showed after a strong qualification. Front followed Bottas, Hamilton, Vettel and Räikkönen in short succession.
As predicted it was the bandendegradatie is large, so early was gepit. Bottas was the first of the leaders to the pits to find, followed by Vettel and Hamilton, each a round later. Sebastian Vettel drove a strong outlap and went to Lewis Hamilton over.
The Brit was determined to be the Ferrari of Vettel again to catch up, and he managed a lap later in the long left-hand bend after the long straight, after Vettel a turn before the door had closed.
After Kimi Räikkönen his pitstop had finished, reed Max Verstappen in the lead of the race. The Dutchman polite clearly a nice birthday. For Stoffel Vandoorne was the less good. He rode as seventeenth between the two Williams drivers.
In round 25 happened anyway, what is the most logical choice seemed to be for Mercedes: Valtteri Bottas let Lewis Hamilton pass, this after Sebastian Vettel pressure was put on Lewis Hamilton. So it was halfway through the race, Verstappen on the head, followed by Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel and Räikkönen.
After the pit stops were the differences at the front of the race is larger, so there is not a lot of tension in the race was. The battle for the final world CHAMPIONSHIP points was very exciting, with Magnussen, Ocon and Perez. At Racing Point Force India, there were teamorders implemented in the hope to Hare from Magnussen.
In lap 43 was Max Verstappen his mandatory pit stop. He came as a fifth the road again, 15 seconds behind Kimi Räikkönen and team-mate Daniel Ricciardo. So it was with Mercedes in front, with Hamilton and Bottas, followed by Ferrari, with Vettel and Räikkönen, and then Red Bull, Verstappen and Ricciardo.
In the end of the race, changed these places, giving Hamilton his lead in the championship yet again increased, from 40 to 50 points. Valtteri Bottas, the team game well played, tried on at the end of the race yet again after asking who was going to win.
The places in Mercedes, however, were not exchanged, making it very difficult for Sebastian Vettel to have a chance at the title. It was remarkable that Charles Leclerc as the seventh “best of the rest” was. In the slotronden knew Stoffel Vandoorne with the aid of the blue flags are still at work to place sixteen.
1. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1h27 53
2. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes + 2.545 53
3. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari + 7.487 53
4. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari + 16.543 53
5. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing + 31.016 53
6. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing + 80.451 53
7. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber + 98.390 53
8. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 52
9. FR Esteban Ocon Racing Point Force India 52
10. MX Sergio Perez Racing Point Force India 52
11. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 52
12. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 52
13. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 51
14. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 51
15. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 51
16. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 51
17. ES Carlos Sainz jr Renault 51
18. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 51
19. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 4
20. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 4
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “The fate of Stoffel Vandoorne should be a warning for Lando Norris”
- New team-mate Max Verstappen: “I don’t want to destroy”
- F1 team reached agreement with insurance about “manhole cover incident” in Malaysia
- VIDEO: The ultimate drag: F1 car vs Tesla, superbike and jet fighter
- Overview: Which riders are already confirmed for the F1-season 2019?