After the very disappointing qualifying was the race in Italy a lot better for Stoffel Vandoorne, already came our countryman, not in the near of a possible puntenfinish. Vandoorne is, however, satisfied that the race a lot more smoothly than the rest of the race weekend.
“Given our performance on Friday it was a decent race for us,” begins Vandoorne are looking back on the race. “We have on Saturday is a good step forward. Then we have the race started and just a few cars reports which we had not expected. That was a positive.”
By an earlier pit stop than the cars around him managed Vandoorne managed to complete a few places. Eventually finished as thirteenth.
“Our racesnelheid was pretty good. I was stuck behind a Sauber, the Toro Rosso of Pierre Gasly and the Renault of Nico Hulkenberg, but with our strategy we managed to undercut to make it work.”
“Apart from that, we knew that Spa and Monza, two very difficult races for us would be, even though it was Monza something better than what we had expected. Hopefully we can during the next race in Singapore perform better.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Vettel: “Hamilton showed me no space, collision is inevitable”
- Ferrari pilot Kimi were times achieves 100th podium but seizes victory
- Hamilton triumphs after contact with Vettel: “I had sufficient space”
- Verstappen not happy with penalty for collision: “I gave enough room”
- “I will be happy if Fernando Alonso stops with the F1”