The GP of Belgium was for Stoffel Vandoorne yet another disappointment this season. Vandoorne believes that McLaren this season, yet have made no progress.
The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne knew when calculated crew again a very disappointing race. His McLaren MCL33 was at the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps is not competitive enough. This was, according to Vandoorne once again painfully clear that McLaren so far this season have made no progress.
Vandoorne drove during each training session the slowest time, it was also during the qualifying slowest and was then during the race last. On top of that came that Vandoorne during the third training session almost a very serious crash experienced when he by Bottas on the grass was pushed.
“It is hard to have a worse weekend,” said Vandoorne. “Our performance was far removed from what is good. There is not really a statement.”
“The reality is that since the beginning of the year no progress. Compared to the others we’ve made no progress.”
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- New videos of startcrash GP of Belgium show the usefulness of Halo F1 car
- Charles Leclerc, after seeing the damage to his F1 car: “I should be lucky”
- FIA is ‘amused’ by the comments of Lewis Hamilton at Ferrari
- F1 driver admits guilt over crash: “I have something to let inhibited”
- Vettel: “I have the attack on Hamilton perfectly timed”