Red Bull Racing has just announced that the Frenchman Pierre Gasly next season’s team-mate Max Verstappen. The Frenchman, following Daniel Ricciardo in that Red Bull at the end of this season, leave for the Renault F1 team to drive.
The still only 22-year-old Pierre Gasly made his debut in 2017 at the GP of Malaysia at Toro Rosso, the smaller zusterteam of Red Bull Racing. Gasly succeeded last year in order to get the most points but left this year already some impressive races.
Gasly achieved so far this season for 26 points, which is an impressive majority of the number of points that Toro Rosso this season already achieved, 28 points to be exact. The Frenchman drove himself literally in the spotlight.
When Daniel Ricciardo announced that he had a Red Bull at the end of this season would leave had Red Bull in search of a new team-mate to Max Verstappen. Soon there was to Pierre Gasly looked and once more were the rumors of the past weeks, confirmed.
Just like that last week Carlos Sainz after strong rumors was confirmed as the replacement for Fernando Alonso at McLaren, Pierre Gasly confirmed as the replacement for Ricciardo.
Max Verstappen and Pierre Gasly so if rijdersduo at Red Bull in 2019, which is again a part of the rijderspuzzel for the F1 season 2019 was laid down.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Photo: Stoffel Vandoorne is ready for rain during the GP of Belgium
- “I do not understand why Nico Rosberg after his F1 farewell here as much as walking around”
- F1-pilot: “I have in my head my own championship, created
- Makes former F1 pilot after four years of absence, a comeback?
- “I am proud that I have the ‘paydrivers’ in F1 have survived”