Football Sports

AA Gent picks up three points after a frantic final stage and intervention videoref

9e508da863cc981d375eff01ce20a4fe - AA Gent picks up three points after a frantic final stage and intervention videoref

AA Gent has in extremis the three points caught in Eupen. After ten wacky openingsminuten was already 1-2 on the Kehrweg, but the final stage was, if possible, even crazier. Vadis picked up red, Eupen made equal and after an intervention of the VAR scored Ghent still the winning hit from the dot. It was 2-3.

The match had only just kicked off, or Eupen made all for a surprise. Toyokawa took a pass, cut is excellent free and curled the ball helplessly past Kalinic. Eupen was already after four minutes ahead, but the answer of the AA Gent followed almost immediately. A corner kick from Stallone Limbombe, a cold icicle of Vadis Odjidja, and the 1-1 was on the board. The first goal in Ghent employed for the ex-player of Anderlecht and Club Brugge. Not even three minutes later it was actually even 1-2 after a new corner of Limbombe. This time it was the Rosted that his head against the leather and finalised, the parade of van Crombrugge came too late.

After the crazy first ten minutes, moved both teams to a lower gear. Eupen was actually even the better team and threatened, especially through Toyokawa and ex-Gentenaar Milicevic, while striker Pollet total not in the match was. The Pandas were the goal, however. In the end of the first half could Gent still a few times tegenprikken: a sharp blast of Vadis was excluded by Van Crombrugge, Plastun took aim in the zijnet. 1-2 was the idle.

In the second half continued the party for a while, lock, all were the best kansjes for Eupen. Kalinic, however, proved not just to be wrong, and an icicle of Lazare flew just over the cover strip. With still fifteen minutes to go got to Eupen, suddenly hope again when Vadis on the ankle of Keita went. It gave the goalscorer a second yellow card and thus a ticket in the direction of an early shower. Ghent creaked under the pressure and eventually scored Garcia – after a deviation from ref Fisherman and a deviation on the Plastun – the 2-2.

And yet it was not done to the Kehrweg. In the 89th minute got AA Gent via the videoref a penalty assigned. Confusion abounds, until Blondelle an error turned out to have made. Verstraete explained the penalty: 2-3. Ghent had still had to fight, because ref Visser dropped a whopping 9-minute replay before he finally affloot. The results remained unchanged.

Leave a Comment