Alvaro Hodeg (Quick-Step Floors) has on Monday the third stage in the Tour of Poland (WorldTour) to his name. After 140 kilometres, from the Slaski Stadium in Chorzow, where the starting signal was given, and the arrival in Zabrze was Hodeg in a sprint faster than the Brit Daniel McLay (EF Education First), the German Andre Greipel (Lotto Soudal) and the Italian Sacha Modolo (EF Education First). Jürgen Roelandts (BMC) was the first Belgian on the ninth place. Hodeg also takes the lead in the general classification of German champion Pascal Ackermann (BORA-hansgrohe).
Tuesday awaits the riders on a hilly stage of 140 kilometres between Jaworzno and Szczyrk. The gc riders will be there after three flat stages for the first time must show. The Tour of Poland ends Friday. The past two years, won with Tim Wellens (2016) and Dylan Teuns (2017) two compatriots.
1. Alvaro Hodeg (Col/QST) 138.7 km in 3u09:59 (avg. 43.80384 km/h)
2. Daniel McLay (GBr/EFD) at 0:00
3. André Greipel (Ger/LTS) 0:00
4. Sacha Modolo (Ita/EFD) 0:00
5. Matteo Trentin (Ita/MTS) 0:00
1. Alvaro Hodeg (Col/QST) 428.7 km in 9u25:27 (avg. 45.489433 km/h)
2. Pascal Ackermann (Ger/BOH) at 0:02
3. André Greipel (Ger/LTS) 0:15
4. Michal Paluta (Pol/CCC) 0:16
5. Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita/TFS) 0:18