The Australian Daniel Ricciardo during the GP of Hungary by the F1 fans voted ‘Driver of The Day’.
After Ricciardo through the rain until twelfth did qualify, drove the Australian, a very strong GP of Hungary. After contact in the first turn at the start he lost a few places but then put Ricciardo at the Hungaroring, a very strong catching up in.
Despite the fact that the Hungaroring is the Monaco without crash barriers is mentioned, it is indeed very difficult to overtake, passed Ricciardo in his Red Bull RB14 to climb to fourth place. The Australian was in the end of the race even hit by Valtteri Bottas, but with his battered Red Bull RB14 succeeded Ricciardo there a bit later in for Bottas to catch up and fourth over the line drive.
Also the F1 fans knew the strong race and the many overtaking maneuvers of Ricciardo to appreciate and elected him for the third time this season to the ‘Driver of The Day’.
Summary of winners ‘Driver of The Day award:
GP of Australia: Fernando Alonso
GP of Bahrain: Pierre Gasly
GP of China: Daniel Ricciardo
GP of Azerbaijan: Charles Leclerc
GP of Spain: Lewis Hamilton
GP of Monaco: Daniel Ricciardo
GP of Canada: Sebastian Vettel
GP of France: Sebastian Vettel
GP of Austria: Max Verstappen
GP of Great Britain: Lewis Hamilton
GP of Germany: Lewis Hamilton
GP of Hungary: Daniel Ricciardo
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: son of F1 pilot spray ‘champagne’ on the stage
- Frustrated Verstappen: “This is incredibly shitty, we pay millions to Renault!”
- Hamilton: “Mercedes should benefit when Ferrari drops stitches”
- Team-mate Hamilton is not happy with note: “to Me a ‘wingman’ hurts”
- Red Bull after giving Verstappen: “A motorprobleem, but that is no surprise”