Sebastian Vettel at the Hockenheimring the polepositie for the GP of Germany conquered. Lewis Hamilton had his Mercedes to the side after he was a mistake and his car damaged. Also for the belgian Stoffel Vandoorne was with a twentieth time again a disappointing qualification.
Despite the rain during the last training session this morning started the qualification on a reasonably dry and declining job from start. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne did from the start to complain about problems and got no further than the twentieth and last time.
The image of the session, however, was a heavily disappointed Lewis Hamilton by a hydraulic problem in his Mercedes on the side had to turn it off. That problem was probably used by the British themselves have caused. Hamilton went into the first bend in the fault, and flew heavily over the kerbstones. Immediately let the team know that he has his car on the side had to turn it off. The Brit ignored that advice, however, and drove more than a half lap.
The team called to him that he risked his engine piece, then he would have his car aside but he himself is his car still ahead wanted to push. A stubborn Hamilton refused to give up but had to finally do it, and he ineengezakt next to his Mercedes was.
No Hamilton in Q2 but we got some spectacle. Marcus Ericsson lost in the stadiongedeelte control of his Sauber and ended up in the gravel.
The Swede got back from the gravel but made it so that the middle of a turn, a lot of gravel on the track was. The amount of gravel was so great that the session with a red flag was interrupted, and the veegwagen the job was sent to the gravel road.
After resuming the session, it sparked an intense battle los for a time in the top ten and corresponding place in Q3. In the end it was Bottas the quickest, for Verstappen, were times and Vettel. Fernando Alonso was killed just a eleventh time.
During Q3 ran to Sebastian Vettel with a time of 1:11.539 immediately to a new track record. The German was almost two tenths quicker than Valtteri Bottas in the Mercedes and team-mate were times in the second Ferrari. Verstappen was fourth, but almost eight tenths slower than Vettel. However, there followed a second run.
Valtteri Bottas was in his second attempt under the time of Sebastian Vettel, Mercedes-motorsportbaas Toto Wolff was so surprised. Sebastian Vettel counterde still, however, and plunged two tenths under Bottas his time. This sharpness Vettel’s lap record at the Hockenheimring, as a bit further on.
Polepositie so for Vettel with Valtteri Bottas alongside him on the first weekend. Team-mate Kimi were times and Max Verstappen occupied the second weekend. Vettel won yet never at the Hockenheimring but leaves tomorrow already from the best possible position.
1. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:11.212
2. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:11.416 +0.204
3. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:11.547 +0.335
4. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:11.822 +0.610
5. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:12.200 +0.988
6. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 1:12.544 +1.332
7. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:12.560 +1.348
8. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:12.692 +1.480
9. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:12.717 +1.505
10. MX Sergio Perez Force India 1:12.774 +1.562
11. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:13.657 +2.445
12. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:13.702 +2.490
13. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:13.736 +2.524
14. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes no time
15. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing no time
16. FR Esteban Ocon Force India 1:13.720 +2.508
17. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:13.749 +2.537
18. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:14.045 +composed of 2,833
19. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:14.206 +2.994
20. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:14.401 +3.189
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Mercedes: “the Technical problem was not Hamilton caused”
- Sebastian Vettel was reasonably sure of the polepositie: “I knew that it was”
- Verstappen qualifies as a fourth: “This was the best what it was”
- “Formula 1 needs a dictator”
- From 2021 18-inch tyres, and no tyre warmers more in F1