Ferrari has today announced via a press release confirmed that Sergio Marchionne his function as president of the Italian brand down. Marchionne was next to a big boss at Ferrari is also the head of the umbrella Fiat-Chrysler Group.
Marchionne had recently a shoulder surgery to perform but has since complications. Would normally the Italian later this year forced to resign but his health problems now that he has his function faster than expected down.
“The board of directors of Ferrari NV today during a meeting with great sadness received the news that chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne is not able to work and resume. Our thoughts are with Sergio Marchionne and his family and we are grateful for his exceptional contribution to Ferrari.”
John Elkann will be the function of the chairman to take while Louis Camilleri the job of CEO.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Mercedes: “the Technical problem was not Hamilton caused”
- Sebastian Vettel was reasonably sure of the polepositie: “I knew that it was”
- Verstappen qualifies as a fourth: “This was the best what it was”
- “Formula 1 needs a dictator”
- From 2021 18-inch tyres, and no tyre warmers more in F1