After a difficult qualification, with Vandoorne not feel good and was in his car, problems experienced, it was also the race a disappointment. Vandoorne finished as twelfth outside the points.
“It was a very tough race for us, difficult to bridge the gap with some other cars for us to close and disappointing because we have no points could achieve,” says Vandoorne back on his race. “From the start I had in the car the same feel as yesterday in qualifying. The conditions on the track were very tricky.”
As so often went on Sunday during the race slightly better than during the qualification.
“One positive was that the speed during the race something was better than during the qualification. We were able to Force India and Renault, who in the points runner-up, to follow. We could more or less their speed match.”
McLaren will now thoroughly all the data of Vandoorne his car, analyze it in the hope to find a solution for the problems that Vandoorne with his car.
“The team examined everything to find the cause of the problems we had. In the parc fermé you can, however, not many change, unless you’re from the pitlane wants to leave. It was a tough triple-header, everyone is after these three races are a bit tired. The mechanics deserve some rest now. I am sure that they will check and that we in Germany will do,” decided Vandoorne.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Mercedes accuses Ferrari after collision Hamilton: “Their actions are intentional or incompetence”
- Verstappen must specify: “My brake pedal fell away”
- Also Hamilton accuses Ferrari: “They have an “interesting” tactic”
- Bottas: “The calculations of the Mercedes were wrong”
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton surprises marshalls British GP with snacks and drinks