Max Verstappen at the Red Bull Ring is a exciting GP of Austria, won. For Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes it was a dramatic race weekend. Both Mercedes cars had, after all, specify and Sebastian Vettel is the new championship leader.
Like the mercedes-benz occupy the whole of the first weekend, with the Ferrari of Kimi Räikkönen behind the Zilverpijlen. Sebastian Vettel got a gridstraf of three places, leaving him as the sixth started. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne began as a fourteenth, after a gridstraf for Charles Leclerc, and after Fernando Alonso from the pit lane had to leave.
Valtteri Bottas, who from pole moved, had a bad start, allowing Hamilton and Räikkönen past. After turn three could Bottas, however, to recover, and he rode second, behind his team-mate at Mercedes. The other finn, Kimi Räikkönen, fell back and was overtaken by Max Verstappen after the Dutchman, the ‘Iceman’ light touched.
For Stoffel Vandoorne was a bad first round. The Belgian had to pit for a new front wing, after he had contact with Pierre Gasly in the third turn. Therefore, reason both mclaren’s as the penultimate, and last.
The first task was a fact after 12 rounds. Nico Hülkenberg lost power and we also saw large plumes of smoke from the Renault. The second problem did not come quickly later in round 14 from an unexpected corner. Valtteri Bottas was in his Mercedes to specify when his gearbox failed. By a virtual safety car went a lot of riders left the pit lane to look up, except leader Lewis Hamilton.
After 15 laps in the race, Hamilton at the head, followed by Verstappen, Räikkönen, Ricciardo and Vettel. Because Mercedes decided to use Hamilton not to cry, the tension back in the race.
In round 20 was Kimi Räikkönen a remfout in turn three, allowing Daniel Ricciardo over the Fin. The Australian was also hunting on his team-mate Max Verstappen.
A moment later, Lewis Hamilton’s still in his pit stop, leaving him as a fourth back, the job came up, after Verstappen, Ricciardo and Räikkönen. Vettel followed just behind Hamilton, making the top five within ten seconds of each other drove.
Just past halfway, the race was Kimi Räikkönen back past Daniel Ricciardo, who clearly suffered from his rear tires. After the overtaking of the Fin, was Ricciardo immediately reeled in by Red Bull. A lap later, Sebastian Vettel passing Lewis Hamilton, an important overtaking manoeuvre in the battle for the championship. The Brit seemed to suffer from a loss of power.
This drove Max Verstappen still in the lead, but both Ferrari’s the reason virtually to the stage. This was followed by Hamilton briefly on the Ferrari of Vettel, while Ricciardo is the fifth reed.
At lap 54, it was game-over for the year Ricciardo. There was also smoke coming from the Renault engine of Red Bull. The car of Ricciardo was not good to put aside or Brendon Hartley had his car park, the fourth task of the race, and this time, so a car with a Honda engine.
To make matters worse, we got a fifth task. World CHAMPIONSHIP leader Lewis Hamilton also lost power, so Hamilton just before his home race leading the championship should be handed out to Sebastian Vettel.
With still a few laps to go reed Verstappen still in the lead of the race, while Räikkönen yacht made on the Dutchman. Vettel drove around in third. Then followed, surprisingly both Haas-drivers Grosjean and Magnussen and both Force India drivers Pérez and Ocon. Fernando Alonso and the two Saubers completed the top ten.
At the end also gave Stoffel Vandoorne, but the victory went to Max Verstappen in the home race of Red Bull Racing. Räikkönen and Vettel completed the podium. By the statement of Lewis Hamilton is Vettel the new world cup leader.
1. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1h 71
2. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari + 1.504 71
3. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari + 3.181 71
4. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 + 1 lap 70
5. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 + 1 lap 70
6. FR Esteban Ocon Force India + 1 lap 70
7. MX Sergio Perez Force India + 1 lap 70
8. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren + 1 lap 70
9. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber + 1 lap 70
10. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber + 1 lap 70
11. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso + 1 lap 70
12. ES Carlos Sainz jr Renault + 1 lap 70
13. CA Lance Stroll down Williams + 2 laps 69
14. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams + 2 laps 69
15. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 65
16. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 62
17. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 54
18. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 53
19. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 13
20. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 11
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Max Verstappen will get goosebumps when visiting Dutch fans in Austria
- “Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas driving in 2019 at Mercedes”
- “Young racetalent gets ‘multimillion euro investment’ at Ferrari”
- “Formula 1 should not be in ‘Mario Kart’ begin to look like”
- “I’m not sure if McLaren is restructuring to survive”