The Fin Valtteri Bottas has on the Red Bull Ring the polepositie for the GP of Austria conquered. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne had a disappointing qualifying in which he, as a sixteenth place finish.
During the first part of the qualification, we saw Hamilton and Bottas in their Mercedes at the top. Everything was however very close to each other as Hamilton, Bottas, were times, Grosjean and Verstappen were all within two tenths. Verstappen was at the home race of Red Bull by thousands of Dutch people is encouraged.
Everything is close to each other means that the least error or delay is also there in the society for makes that you may or may not advance to the kwalificatiegedeelte and that was also our fellow countryman, Stoffel Vandoorne. Partly due to a yellow flag was Vandoorne less than 0,007 sec. too slow to be able to advance to Q2. A sixteenth time, and early exit for Vandoorne.
In Q2, we saw again that Mercedes and Ferrari are very well matched. Sebastian Vettel put on the ultrasoft band with the fastest time, the German was in his Ferrari barely 33 thousandths faster than Lewis Hamilton. It promised a thrilling fight to the polepositie to be.
In his ultimate attempt to make a quick round to put down came Fernando Alonso in the last corner on the kerbstones adjacent to the track. The front wing of his McLaren became damaged and the Spaniard ran aground finally on the fourteenth place.
In Q3 went to Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel during the first attempt to make a quick round to put down in the error. It was Valtteri Bottas that the provisional polepositie claimed. Despite its relatively large error was made Hamilton his round was still good for the third time. Kimi were times in his Ferrari provisionally in second place while Vettel for the seventh time after his name had been standing.
It was, however, mainly look forward to the second attempt of the best. To which they were able without mistake in their rapid round?
During the second attempt improved the Ferrari’s to the provisional second and third time. Valtteri Bottas sharpness are besttijd however. It was then just have to wait for world championship leader Lewis Hamilton. The Brit was killed, however, on 19 thousandths of his Finnish team-mate.
Bottas so on pole for Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Kimi were times we find back in fourth place. The first weekend so fully occupied by Mercedes, while Ferrari was the second weekend claims. The GP of Austria is going to Sunday to 15u10 start.
1. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:03.130
2. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:03.149 +0.019
3. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:03.464 +0.334
4. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:03.660 +0.530
5. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:03.840 +0.710
6. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 1:03.892 +0.762
7. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:03.996 +0.866
8. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:04.051 +0.921
9. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:04.725 +1.595
10. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:05.019 +1.889
11. FR Esteban Ocon Force India 1:04.845 +1.715
12. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:04.874 +1.744
13. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:04.979 +1.849
14. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:05.058 +1.928
15. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:05.286 +2.156
16. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:05.271 +2.141
17. MX Sergio Perez Force India 1:05.279 +2.149
18. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:05.322 +2.192
19. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:05.366 +2.236
20. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:05.479 +2.349
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas driving in 2019 at Mercedes”
- “Charles Leclerc gets ‘multimillion euro investment’ at Ferrari F1 team”
- VIDEO: How do you get a ‘ijskoele’ F1-pilot laugh?
- “Formula 1 should not be in ‘Mario Kart’ begin to look like”
- Daniel Ricciardo longer team-mate Max Verstappen?