It was another disappointing qualifying for McLaren, with, respectively, one-sixteenth, and eighteenth starting spot for Fernando Alonso and the belgian Stoffel Vandoorne. Vandoorne hopes that he during the race to place well.
After difficult practice sessions went for the McLaren and Vandoorne not much better during the qualifying for the GP of France. Vandoorne was disappointing eighteenth.
“It is very disappointing to both cars to see fall out in Q1. There was nothing wrong with the balance, because the feeling in the car was good. We just don’t have the speed,” said Vandoorne.
“Since the start of the season happens a lot behind the scenes to understand why we can’t. We have to keep working and hopefully we can make the things turn around.”
“This weekend is not good for us. We should do better. Hopefully we can the poor performance of today to convert to a good race,” concluded Vandoorne yesterday.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Alonso after a disappointing qualification: “I do all the possible”
- Hamilton after 75th pole: “This was an easy qualification”
- Max Verstappen after qualifying: “We were not good enough”
- F1 pilots like chicane at the Paul Ricard removed
- ‘Chocolate-gate’ at McLaren: team boss does not want to blow