The last training session for the GP of France was disrupted by the rain. Also during the qualifying and the race there is a chance of rain.
Just before the start of the last training session were threatening rain clouds in the direction of the circuit of Paul Ricard. On the one side of the circuit a lot of sunshine, on the other hand, clouds.
The light at the end of the pitlane was just on the green has gone, or the first drops of rain fell all on the circuit. It immediately started fairly intense rain, and we saw also a few riders, including Max Verstappen, slipping.
After just ten minutes all the riders within, and then was the main activity in the F1 paddock, the social media teams who reported on the rain. On the circuit there was barely any action.
With still fifteen minutes on the clock we saw eventually a few cars, including Fernando Alonso, on the track.
By the rain of course we can little to draw conclusions from the lap times. The qualification for the GP of France comes to 16h from the start.
1. V. Bottas Mercedes 01:33.666 3
2. C. Sainz Jr. Renault 01:34.953 3
3. C. Leclerc Sauber 01:35.012 5
4. F. Alonso McLaren 01:36.365 4
5. S. Vettel Ferrari 01:36.756 5
6. S. Vandoorne McLaren 01:37.547 4
7. P. Gasly Toro Rosso 01:38.317 5
8. M. Ericsson Sauber 01:38.450 3
9. S. Pérez Force India 01:39.641 4
10. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 01:39.738 3
11. E. Ocon Force India 01:40.087 4
12. L. Hamilton Mercedes 01:40.743 3
13. K. Räikkönen Ferrari 01:49.711 3
14. L. Stroll Down Williams 02:02.399 4
15. S. Sirotkin Williams 02:04.093 5
16. K. Magnussen Hare no time 1
17. B. Hartley Toro Rosso no time 3
18. R. Grosjean Haas no time 1
19. N. Hulkenberg Renault no time 2
20. M. Verstappen Red Bull no time 3
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- F1 pilots like chicane at the Paul Ricard removed
- ‘Chocolate-gate’ at McLaren: team boss does not want to blow
- Alonso is still behind McLaren
- VIDEO: F1 car engulfed in flames after crash
- Ferrari ready to former F1 champion to be replaced by young racetalent?