Lewis Hamilton on the circuit of Paul Ricard polepositie for the GP of France conquered. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne had a disappointing qualifying and drove the eighteenth time.
During the last training session it was raining, but the qualification for the GP of France started on a dry track. For McLaren and Stoffel Vandoorne was the qualification in Q1, however, all at once. Vandoorne got no further than the eighteenth time while Alonso sixteenth. Once again a big disappointment so at McLaren.
Lewis Hamilton reed in Q1 the fastest time. At the end of Q1 it started to rain. The harbinger of an exciting continuation of the qualification?
At the beginning of Q2 were the riders to wait at the end of the pitlane. Everyone wanted as soon as possible on the track to the rain. Hamilton in his Mercedes as one of the last on the track, but the Brit reed get the fastest time.
There came a second attempt to make a quick round to put down and drove it, especially Charles Leclerc in the viewer. The Monegask succeeded with the Sauber in the top ten to qualify. At the Swiss renstal was a party built.
At the beginning of Q3 there were again threatening rain clouds above the circuit. The two ferraris were first on the track to try and make a quick round to put down. After the first run it was Lewis Hamilton set fastest time behind his name. Team-mate Valtteri Bottas had slightly less than a tenth admit while Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari is the third time reed.
Suddenly we had a red flag. Romain Grosjean was the control of the Haas F1 car will be lost and crashed against the barrier. After Grosjean his car of the track was met improved Hamilton are besttijd still somewhat so that the Brit completely sure of the polepositie. Team-mate Valtteri Bottas will start tomorrow on the first weekend, while Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari as the third start.
1. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:30.029
2. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:30.147 +0.118
3. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:30.400 +0.371
4. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:30.705 +0.676
5. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:30.895 +0.866
6. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:31.057 +1.028
7. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:32.126 +2.097
8. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:32.635 +2.606
9. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:32.930 +2.901
10. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 no time
11. FR Esteban Ocon Force India 1:32.075 +2.046
12. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:32.115 +2.086
13. MX Sergio Perez Force India 1:32.454 +2.425
14. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:32.460 +2.431
15. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:person 32,820 +eur 2,791
16. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:32.976 +2.947
17. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:33.025 +2.996
18. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:33.162 +were 3,133
19. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:33.636 +3.607
20. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:33.729 +3.700
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- F1 pilots like chicane at the Paul Ricard removed
- ‘Chocolate-gate’ at McLaren: team boss does not want to blow
- Alonso is still behind McLaren
- VIDEO: F1 car engulfed in flames after crash
- Ferrari ready to former F1 champion to be replaced by young racetalent?