Showbiz

Ron Blaauw ‘freaked out’ after fire in restaurant Ron Gastrobar

a45f712a020bb9d64dd9b491773e406a - Ron Blaauw 'freaked out' after fire in restaurant Ron Gastrobar

There is a Friday morning a fire erupted in the kitchen of the restaurant Ron Gastrobar Ron Blaauw in Amsterdam. The chef says “very shocked” by the incident.

“This is the first time that I have this experience”, let Blaauw know in a comment. “The important thing is that all my employees are safe and unharmed.”

Currently, the chef, together with its partners, trying to the damage and repair plan.

“We hope as soon as possible open to be able to go. We will of course keep our guests informed of the progress. We want to give our guests a wonderful and thank you for the understanding. The fire department has done a fantastic job and the worried neighbors came by to see if all of us were safe.”

Unharmed

According to a spokesperson of the fire brigade, the fire around 11: 00 in the duct of the extractor hood during cooking. It went according to the spokesman for a difficult fire because the extractor is difficult to reach. Around 12.10 hours later, the fire was extinguished.

At the time of the outbreak of the fire the restaurant was closed, but there were about fifteen to twenty employees present in the building. They are brought out and the four employees as a precaution, checked by emergency services.

The 50-year-old chef has a total of three restaurants in Amsterdam. In 2013, closed his restaurant Ron Blaauw Amsterdam, that was in possession of two Michelin stars. He opened in the same location, Ron Gastrobar, a more “accessible” restaurant in a lower price range. This was in 2014 also with a Michelin star.

Call
Do you have photos, videos, live images, or additions in text with this message?
Send them on to the editors


0 comments

Leave a Comment