Former F1 champion Nico Rosberg cherishes little hope of Fernando Alonso ever still something to see win in the Formula 1.
During the GP of Canada fourth Fernando Alonso, the three-hundredth GP of his career, undoubtedly a milestone for the two-time world champion. Although he is by many still considered the most complete rider of the pack is defined, it is already 2013 ago that the Spaniard in F1 again on the highest step of the podium were able to watch.
Nico Rosberg told ‘Sky Italia’ that everyone hopes that Alonso again can be successful but at the same time, he also understood that he thinks that those days finally behind us. If we have the latest rumors are to be believed, chances are that we have Alonso next year in the IndyCar at work will see.
“Everyone wants Alonso in a good car, but no team wants him because of the political games that he always plays,” said Rosberg.
The world champion of 2016 also says not to understand how Alonso can keep charging with McLaren in Formula 1 racing.
“I don’t know how he does it, not really. He knows he to the best drivers of the grid belongs, but at the same time qualifies, he focuses on a fourteenth place. That is amazing,” concluded Rosberg.
Alonso takes next weekend part in the 24 hours of Le Mans. The Spaniard hopes as a step nearer to the coveted “Triple Crown” that he pursues.
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “F1 is boring? Also the world cup football is that sometimes”
- ‘Purple’ bands predominate during return to France on the F1 calendar
- F1 team: “We know our problems but solving them is something else”
- FIA gives explanation for the incident with the black-and-white checkered flag during F1 race in Canada
- Motorsportbaas Toto Wolff: “Mercedes needs to wake up”