TV

Gilles De Bilde on a visit to Romelu Lukaku, Dries Mertens and Marouane Fellaini

e662d740547dd3f8011a744e299a11d5 - Gilles De Bilde on a visit to Romelu Lukaku, Dries Mertens and Marouane Fellaini

In the second Telefacts special, ‘Gilles De Bilde at Home with the Devil’, VTM-voetbalanalist and commentator Gilles De Bilde Tuesday 12 to visit with three topduivels: in Manchester Romelu Lukaku, in Naples at Dries Mertens and in Marbella at Marouane Fellaini.

The Devils received Gilles by them at home and talk freely about their childhood, children, love, big money, their lifestyle and of course the upcoming world cup. The respect for the Bilde is large: the ex-Red Devil won the Golden boot and played for o.a. Anderlecht, PSV, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa. Or as Romelu Lukaku puts it: “I respect the anciens that are still against my father played football.” Gilles laughs: “Romelu, call me now no ancien, hey”.

‘Gilles De Bilde: at Home with the Devil’ is a surprising chat among players, on the eve of the biggest football event in the world.

Gilles De Bilde: “With Dries, Romelu and Marouane, I have a click: we share the same open-minded vision on football but also on “the issues of life”. Also karakterieel there are points of contact with these guys and that creates a natural band. They see me as one of them: as a footballer, as an ex-international and not as a journalist pur sang. Those guys are now international stars, but still, I got in spite of their busy agenda – access to the intimate atmosphere in their home. And that gave an extra dimension to our discussions.”

A few of the many quotes from the Devils in the Telefacts-specials:

Romelu Lukaku: “95% of my pay on a savings account and that I touch not. I live in the other 5%. The only folieke that I have done I my life, is my car.”

Marouane Fellaini: “My father followed me, close on. He always gave me good advice, even today. Yes, my upbringing was strict, but where I am now, I have them to thank.”

Dries Mertens: “Actually, I wanted to be a sports teacher, like my dad. And that job to combine with soccer in third or fourth class. I never thought that I was a professional footballer would be enough would earn.”

View Gilles De Bilde: at Home with the Devils to 22h on tv, or where you are on the proximustv.be. Click here to download the program. On the TV Replay you watch the program for up to 36 hours later, when you want!

Leave a Comment