At the end of the second full day in the rally of Sardinia is Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC) closed the gap to 3.9 seconds of leader Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta WRC). With 4 more rides to ride on the final day heading to the rally of Sardinia on an exciting denouement. The rally of Sardinia ends Sunday afternoon around 13.15 you.
After the dramatic first race day is colored by a crash of Suninen (Ford Fiesta WRC), a broken steering arm for Evans (Ford Fiesta WRC), a broken gearbox for Andreas Mikkelsen (Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC) and a second consecutive statement of the Est Ott Tänak (Toyota Yaris WRC), gave the second day a much calmer race. The rain and fog of Friday had given way to the sun causing the gravelwegen dry and stofferig attachments.
Tänak won the first klassementsrit of the day, Ogier the second. Neuville took in the third stage is destructive, and picked up in one fell swoop, 14.6 seconds back on leader Ogier by which the gap between leader Ogier, and first pursuer Neuville is still just 4.9 seconds was. When Ogier in the subsequent klassementsrit the engine did turn pitste Neuville a further 2.9 seconds from. In the second afternoon drive reed Neuville on the right front leak, without too much loss of time. Without spare tire and with two klassementsritten of each over 28 km for the bow was Neuville, the aanvalsklok. With success for Neuville won the two stages, making the gap now reduced to 3.9 seconds. “Some 3 to 4 km before the end of the 14th ride reason we leak,” said Thierry Neuville. “As a result, I had 4 tires, the remaining stages to finish. The back of the car, had sometimes a will of their own. It wasn’t perfect but it was okay.”
Distance away from the two titelpretendenten bikkelen Toyota drivers Latvala (Toyota Yaris WRC) and Lappi (Toyota Yaris WRC) for each second. Latvala knew Lappi throughout the day to keep it but the difference between the two riders is only 5.3 seconds.
Win Thierry Neuville, who since 2013 each year on the podium and in 2016 the rally of Sardinia, won, tomorrow, for the second time this contest or win, Sébastien Ogier and equals the Frenchman, with 4 victories, the record of Sébastien Loeb? The denouement follows on the final day where there are 4 klassementsritten be driven, for a total of 42.02 km. The rally of Sardinia ends with the traditional powerstage to 12.18 you start.
. Position after 16 chronoritten:
1. Sébastien Ogier-Julien Ingrassia (Fra/Ford Fiesta) 3u02:16.9
2. Thierry Neuville-Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL/Hyundai i20) at 3.9
3. Jari-Matti Latvala-Miikka Anttila (Fin/Toyota Yaris) 48.9
4. Esapekka Lappi-Janne Ferm (Fin/Toyota Yaris) 54.2
5. Hayden Paddon-Seb Marshall (N-Z-GBR/Hyundai i20) 2:01.8
6. Mads Ostberg-Torstein Eriksen (Nor/Citroen C3) 2:03.9
7. Craig Breen Scott Martin (Irl-GBR/Citroen C3) 3:13.6
8. Jan Kopecky-Pavel Dresler (Tch/Skoda Fabia) 10:41.4
9. Ott Tänak-Martin Järveoja (Est/Toyota Yaris) 12:27.4
13. Teemu Suninen-Mikko Markulla (Fin/Ford Fiesta) 14:34.6
14. Elfyn Evans-Daniel Barritt (G-B/Ford Fiesta) 16:29.8
20. Andreas Mikkelsen Andreas Jaeger (Nor/Hyundai i20) 23:29.1
Winners chronoritten: Ogier (ES1, ES6, ES11, ES14), Mikkelsen (ES2, ES3), Tänak (ES4, ES10), Neuville (ES5, ES8, ES12, ES15, ES16), Suninen (ES7), Latvala (ES9), Lappi (ES13)