Max Verstappen during the first training session for the GP of Canada, the fastest time ridden. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne drove the ninth time.
The first training session for the GP of Canada, went under sunny conditions from start. About a half hour away in the session we got, however, suddenly a red flag because the German Nico Hulkenberg stopped on the track.
A moment later the track re-released and was playing drums at the exit of the pitlane to restart the job.
For thuisrijder Lance Stroll should be the GP of Canada, one of his highlights on the F1 calendar. The Canadian made however already during the first training session immediately acquainted with the so-called ‘Wall of Champions’. Not only world champions crashing there, even if the name that you suspect. For Stroll continued to the damage, fortunately, is somewhat limited.
At the end of the session we also saw the second Williams driver is in the wrong. Sergey Sirotkin toucheerde the wall.
As expected got a lot of riders with a new improved engine. Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Sainz, Hülkenberg, Hartley, Gasly, Alonso and our fellow countryman, Vandoorne will have a new source of power.
McLaren seems to be taking a step forward in Canada. Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne reason, respectively, the seventh and ninth time.
1. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:13.302
2. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:13.390 +0.088
3. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:13.518 +0.216
4. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:13.574 +0.272
5. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:13.617 +0.315
6. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:13.727 +0.425
7. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:13.900 +0.598
8. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:14.116 +0.814
9. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:14.311 +1.009
10. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:15.004 +1.702
11. FR Esteban Ocon Force India 1:15.071 +1.769
12. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 1:15.119 +1.817
13. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:15.386 +2.084
14. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:15.439 +2.137
15. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:15.579 +2.277
16. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:15.756 +2.454
17. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:15.768 +2.466
18. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:16.259 +2.957
19. CA Nicholas Russell Force India 1:17.145 +3.843
20. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault no time
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- VIDEO: Max Verstappen: “those Who still have some questions can a headbutt”
- PREVIEW: you need to know about the GP of Canada
- FIA adjusts from Canada the gridprocedure in the F1 to
- Mercedes sets in Canada planned engine update out by ‘quality issues’
- McLaren refused to be a possible alternative Stoffel Vandoorne to lend to competition