Daniel Ricciardo has in the streets of Monaco the polepositie conquered, the Australian overklaste the competition. Stoffel Vandoorne was disappointed twelfth, Max Verstappen could after his crash during the third training session is not taking part in the qualifying and start last.
Max Verstappen crashed during the last training session. The mechanics were at the start of the first part of the qualification are still at the tinkering of the F1 car of Verstappen. undoubtedly it was there hoped on a red-flag interruption of the session, but didn’t.
Verstappen had to sit by and watch the other nineteen riders, their qualification afwerkten. The last place on the starting grid, so for Verstappen.
Frustrations were also there with Kimi were times, that his displeasure, screaming on the radio. Traffic on the track that you quick round-up, it is especially during Q1 with all cars on the track a problem.
Stoffel Vandoorne could easily advance to the second part of the qualification. With an impressive fifth time it was for Vandoorne no problem, moreover, he was again faster than team-mate Fernando Alonso. Meanwhile, said the face of Max Verstappen volumes …
During a very exciting Q2 was all in the midfield very close together. Stoffel Vandoorne was killed by a twelfth time, while Fernando Alonso just a tenth faster but the eighth was. Details that make the difference determined for a place in Q3.
Daniel Ricciardo was again the fastest and sharpness in the track record even further. Would someone Ricciardo of the pole to keep?
During the first attempt in Q3 ran Daniel Ricciardo once again to a new track record: 1:10.810. A preliminary polepositie so for the Australian and behind it was the great excitement. Hamilton, Vettel were times in layers in a total of only five thousandths off of each other!
Sebastian Vettel drove in the second run with the knife between the teeth. The German failed to Ricciardo to threaten for pole but he relished the second place on the first weekend of Hamilton.
Daniel Ricciardo on pole so tomorrow, for Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Kimi were times. A Red Bull on both the first and the last place of the starting grid. Appointment tomorrow to 15u10.
1. AU Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:10.810
2. THE Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:11.039 +0.229
3. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:11.232 +0.422
4. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:11.266 +0.456
5. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:11.441 +0.631
6. FR Esteban Ocon Force India 1:12.061 +1.251
7. ES Fernando Alonso McLaren 1:12.110 +1.300
8. ES Carlos Sainz jr, Renault, 1:12.130 +1.320
9. MX Sergio Perez Force India 1:12.154 +1.344
10. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:12.221 +eur 1,411
11. THE Nico Hülkenberg Renault 1:12.411 +1.601
12. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:12.440 +1.630
13. RU Sergey Sirotkin Williams 1:12.521 +1.711
14. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:12.714 +1.904
15. FR Romain Grosjean Haas F1 1:12.728 +1.918
16. New zealand Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 1:13.179 now +2.369
17. SE Marcus Ericsson Sauber 1:13.265 +2.455
18. CA Lance Stroll down Williams 1:13.323 +2.513
19. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:13.393 +2.583
20. EN Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing no time
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- Rosberg: “Verstappen throws the victory in Monaco, just go away”
- VIDEO: Max Verstappen crashes in Monaco
- Sexism in motorsport: “Some stories are too embarrassing”
- “Hamilton and Vettel teammates? Bernie Ecclestone would be for each other!”
- Max Verstappen does not like gambling: “I throw my money still rather be in the sea”