The visit of the cast of Arrested Development to London would bring to promote the series, is cancelled. Netflix decided the press day to blow after publication of an interview with several cast members with The New York Times, where Jessica Walters colleague Jeffrey Tambor accused of verbal abuse.
Mitchell Hurwitz, Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett
In the conversation was the 77-year-old actress, according to the newspaper, even in tears to an incident that previously took place. “In my almost sixty years of career has there never been someone so against me screamed on a set. And that is difficult to process, but I’m over it,” said Walters, in the presence of her television husband. The actress says in the article that she Tambor has forgiven.
’No excuse for abuse’
Castlid Jason Batemen came under fire because he is in the story include for Tambor, which is more due to inappropriate behavior was dismissed in the series Transparent. “I don’t want to justify or trivialize, but in the entertainment industry, it is very common to work with people who are ‘difficult’,” says the actor, who stated that such behavior is part of the process of his peers.
He has since apologized for those statements. “I realize that I was wrong. I find it terrible that I am not more aware of was how this incident has been seized. This is a great teaching moment for me. There is no excuse for abuse, and the victims need to be heard.”
Netflix said Thursday: “We have at this moment decided the promotional activities in England, not to convert, but we hope to cast a different time.”