Valtteri Bottas during the second day of the in-season F1 test in Barcelona, the fastest time ridden. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne did a tire testing for Pirelli and drove the tenth time.
In contrast to yesterday took Vandoorne place today in an older version of the McLaren, while Lando Norris and reserverijder of McLaren took place in the most recent version of the McLaren MCL33.
Vandoorne claimed in the ‘old’ McLaren is a so-called ‘blind’ tire testing for tyre supplier Pirelli. In such a’blind’ test to know the rider and the team is not the type of bandencompound you will be driving. All data is transferred to Pirelli for further analysis. Finally drove the Fin Valtteri Bottas today the fastest time.
The difference between the ‘old’ McLaren MCL33 (2 at the bottom of the picture) and the newer McLaren MCL33 (47, at the top of the photo) is especially to be seen on the front wing and the new nose.
1. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:16.904 139
2. IT Antonio Giovinazzi Ferrari 1:16.972 +0.068 148
3. GB Lando Norris McLaren 1:18.039 +1.135 80
4. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 1:18.274 +1.370 75
5. RU Nikita Mazepin Force India 1:18.344 +1.440 112
6. GB Jack Aitken Renault 1:18.942 +2.038 120
7. MC Charles Leclerc Sauber 1:18.993 +2.089 139
8. PL Robert Kubica Williams 1:19.253 +2.349 123
9. FR Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 1:19.410 +2,506 below 39
10. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:19.914 +3.010 96
11. GB Jake Dennis and Red Bull Racing 1:20.440 +advance payments 3,536 75
12. ID Sean Gelael Toro Rosso 1:20.763 +3.859 83
13. CA Nicholas Russell Force India 1:21.412 +4.508 121
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- No 1000th F1 race at Silverstone due to the bad weather
- What is the purpose of lighting strips fitted flush into that Mercedes experienced on the back of her F1 car?
- Vettel: “F1-pilots abuse VSC-periods to make a profit”
- Ferrari has good news for Kimi were times: no motorwissel
- Hypersoft dominates tyres GP of Monaco