Sebastian Vettel has in Baku the polepositie for the GP of Azerbaijan conquered. The belgian Stoffel Vandoorne had a disappointing qualifying and had to settle for the sixteenth time.
Not the best qualification for Stoffel Vandoorne in Azerbaijan. Our compatriot was already in the first part of the qualification is off. With its sixteenth time, it was Vandoorne approximately one and a half tenth slower than Lance Stroll in the Williams. After Q1 was already on for Vandoorne and the disappointment fell from Vandoorne his face.
The first part of the qualification was in fact almost characterized by a huge crash. Pierre Gasly drove almost back in on his team-mate Brendon Hartley. Both men escaped on the street circuit of Baku but sip on a horrocrash.
During Q2 tried the top drivers are on the supersoft, the slightly slower band, and to qualify for the last part of the kwlaificatie. This was clearly the limit can be searched and Kimi were times verremde in his Ferrari. Lots of smoke and a round of that to soap.
Were times reed finally on the ultrasoft, the fastest band, to the absolute besttijd in Q2. The Fin will, therefore, in contrast to team-mate Sebastian Vettel and both Mercedes drivers on the ultrasoft to the race start. On a strategic level, can do that tomorrow during the race are important.
During the first run in Q3 reason, successively, Max Verstappen, Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time. However, it was Sebastian Vettel who finally halfway through Q3 with the fastest time after his name was and for the time being, more than three-tenths difference the polepositie claimed. Team-mate Kimi were times kept his Ferrari after a mistake is just off the wall.
Bottas and Hamilton tried the first during the second run under the besttijd of Vettel. Hamilton was wrecked, however, at one and a half tenth of Vettel and Bottas was three-tenths slower.
Kimi were times it was a superrondje busy. The Fin was clearly faster on the road than Vettel, but just before the emergence of the long straight stretch towards the start / finish line and broke the Ferrari of the Fin were times lost a lot of time. No polepositie but a sixth time for were times.
Sebastian Vettel so on pole for Hamilton and Bottas. For the German is the third polepositie in a row.
1. S. Vettel Ferrari 01:42.762 01:43.015 01:41.498 19
2. L. Hamilton Mercedes 01:42.693 01:42.676 01:41.677 21
3. V. Bottas Mercedes 01:43.355 01:42.679 01:41.837 21
4. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 01:42.857 01:43.482 01:41.911 20
5. M. Verstappen Red Bull 01:42.642 01:42.901 01:41.994 19
6. K. Räikkönen Ferrari 01:42.538 01:42.510 01:42.490 20
7. E. Ocon Force India 01:43.021 01:42.967 01:42.523 20
8. S. Pérez Force India 01:43.992 01:43.366 01:42.547 20
9. N. Hulkenberg Renault 01:43.746 01:43.232 01:43.066 20
10. C. Sainz Jr. Renault 01:43.426 01:43.464 01:43.351 20
11. L. Stroll Down Williams 01:44.359 01:43.585 16
12. S. Sirotkin Williams 01:44.261 01:43.886 17
13. F. Alonso McLaren 01:44.010 01:44.019 16
14. C. Leclerc Sauber 01:43.752 01:44.074 17
15. K. Magnussen Haas 01:43.674 01:44.759 14
16. S. Vandoorne McLaren 01:44.489 8
17. P. Gasly Toro Rosso 01:44.496 9
18. M. Ericsson Sauber 01:45.541 10
19. B. Hartley Toro Rosso 01:57.354 5
20. R. Grosjean Haas 2
More F1 news on F1journaal.be:
- “I don’t connect that Lewis Hamilton at the end of this season, the F1 exit”
- “I’m arranged by Michael Schumacher on a visit”
- VIDEO: Max Verstappen crashes during training session in Azerbaijan
- “2018 promises to be a legendary F1-season to be”
- Why has the F1 car of Ferrari an extra paddle on the steering wheel?